A MacOS application to grab an argument and set system Clipboard as per argument text.
How it works?
Under the hood it’s invoking pbcopy as below:
osascript-e'display notification "Nothing copied!" with title "Param2Clipboard"'
osascript-e'display notification "Parameter copied to the Clipboard!" with title "Param2Clipboard"'
The script has been wrapped into MacOS app using Platypus:
Eventually, registered required URL Types in Info.plist. Unfortunately, it was a manual process which has to be repeated every time when a new app is created using Platypus:
Created to improve workflow when opening Microsoft Skype or Lync meetings.
Flow I’m using:
Broswer Fairy configuration
In order to capture opening of Skype/Lync URLs, I’m using Browser Fairy which is registered as a default app to open all URLs. Each URL is matched against defined list of patters and if a Skype URL is detected, the URL is passed to Param2Clipboard app.
I’ve noticed that process
SpokesUpdateService is promoted to the top of my Memory list. Here an example which I captured today (just 24hrs after my last reboot) but on the other day I’ve seen 2.4 GB wasted:
It turned out to be part of PlantronicsHub software. I will disable to for a while an see how it will behave.
Another embarrassing problem with my MBP: when scrolling in e.g. Chrome, Safari or actually – any other window, there is annoying lag. When you scroll continuously, it’s more or less fine, but when you pause to read and then want to scroll, it stutters.
After a bit checking here and there, it turned out that if I increased keyboard backlight timeout from 5 seconds to 1 minute, the problem has been worked around!
MacOS tends to trash mounted disks with number of useless hidden files (e.g.
.DS_Store ). There were number of recipes in the Internet, some of them were working at some of time but are not anymore.
Below notes from my fights (at a moment of writing, on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E199).
Removing the files when they are created
I used to apply a
find.-name...-print0|xargs rm-0 combo but found that there is an built-in command to deal with these files:
From the man:
dot_clean--Merge._*files with corresponding nativefiles.
Foreachdir,dot_clean recursively merges all._*files with their corresponding nativefiles according tothe rules specified with the given arguments.By default,ifthere isan attribute on the nativefile that isalso present inthe._file,the most recent attribute will be used.
It actually turned the only working solution for me. Just add to the share configuration section a veto file parameter, e.g.:
$sudo service smbd restart
Note, after applying this change you will not be able anymore to use
dot_clean command from your Mac as any requests towards these files (including deletion) will be silently ignored by your SMB server hence files will remain untouched!