Jarek (Jarosław) Hartman is a Solution Architect who joined Oracle in July 2010.
He is a member of the EMEA Architects Community within the Communications Global Business Unit (CGBU).
Jarek has more than [insert_php] echo date(“Y”)-2002; [/insert_php] years of experience in the Telecommunication industry, with [insert_php] echo date(“Y”)-2008; [/insert_php] years of technical management experience in the implementation of Intelligent Networking and Online Charging systems.
Over the years, he worked with a large variety of clients in different countries, and successfully delivered projects across the region. During this process Jarek acquired a full life cycle experience in overall technical project scoping, planning, requirements gathering, solution architecture design, staging, configuration, testing, performance testing, tuning, deployment, network integration, migration and go-live of software for the Telecommunication industry.
Key strengths include: analytical and troubleshooting skills; strong performance both individually as in a team; self-motivated and disciplined; open and eager to learn about new technologies, paradigms and developments and open for travel.
Jarek holds a Masters degree in Electronics and Telecommunications from the Technical University of Wroclaw, Poland (2002), and speaks Polish and English.
- 2010 – actual – Consulting Technical Manager at Oracle / Warsaw. Delivering projects related to Network Charging & Control (NCC) platform by Oracle.
- 2006 – 2010 – Senior Solution Delivery Engineer at eServGlobal / Warsaw POL – professional duties: integration of Intelligent Networks / VAS infrastructure for largest fix and mobile carriers. Expert knowledge of Charging Max / Message Max / VoMS / UIP/IVR systems by eServGlobal. Involvement project quotation process.
- 2004 – 2006 – integration of Intelligent Networks at Siemens AG (now Nokia Siemens Networks/NSN) / Wroclaw POL and Berlin DEU – Professional duties – end-to-end tests of IN infrastructure, integration of IN solutions on site, project leader for many projects (integration Intelligent Network projects such as Pre Paid Services, VPN, Mobile Number Portability, GMS-R for largest mobile carriers all over the world). Deep knowledge of @vantage IN by Siemens.
- 2001-2004 – work as an ISDN specialist at TP S.A. Wroclaw (largest fix network carrier in Poland; now part of France Telecom). Professional duties: software developing for various telecommunication purposes (such as reporting, automatisation of maintenance tasks on telecom exchanges), maintenance work with EWSD exchange by Siemens, SS7 and E-DSS1 protocol tests, administration of Distributed Monitoring System Net-7 by Tektronix. During this time I gained good knowledge about usage protocol analyzer K12xx – including scripting.
- 2005 – ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing,
- 1997-2002 – Wroclaw University of Technology – completed the Sc higher education studies in the field of Electronics and Telecommunication specialization of Fixed Telecommunication with the overall grade Very Good,
- 1993-1997 – Technical School of Electronics in Jastrzębie Zdroj.
Important Projects and Customers
- 2016 – Implementation of Oracle Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) in context of RxDOD platform at Telia Company Sweden.
- 2014-2015 – Migration of legacy prepaid services to Oracle NCC platform for O2 Czech.
- 2012-2013 – Migration of legacy prepaid services to Oracle NCC platform for Slovak Telekom. Acting as a technical leader.
- 2011-2012 – Various engagements (great and small) with Aspider – leading MVNE in the Netherlands, including an NCC upgrade project and the implementation of an additional NCC platform in the US.
- 2010-11 – Migration of legacy IN platform handling NTS services such as Prime Rate, Free Phone, Televoting (70X, 80X) to Oracle’s NCC platform. Migration delivered for Telekomunikacja Polska (part of France Telecom).
- 2009 – MVNE Charging Max platform (by eServGlobal) for Vodafone Ireland.
- 2008 – Deployment of an SCP (eServGlobal) for Diameter based Convergent Billing at Orange Poland,
- 2007 – Deployment of MVNE platform (eServGlobal) at Orange Poland,
- 2007 – Various IN implementations for XL Indonesia and Telcomsel Indonesia (eServGlobal),
- 2007 – Migration of eServ Voucher Management System (VoMS) at PTC Era Poland,
- 2006 – GSM-R IN platform (Siemens) for Ministry of Railway / China,
- 2004 – Deployment of @vantage IN platform (Siemens) at UMC Ukraine,
- 2004 – Deployment of @vantage IN platforms (Siemens) at PTC Era / Poland. (PTC Era is part of T-Mobile group). This IN platform runs well known in Poland prepaid brands Tak-Tak and Heyah.
- expert in Intelligent Network and VAS architecture
- expert in Intelligent Network services such as PPS, VPN, MNP, GSM-R, VCC, VSSP, (M)NP.
- VAS systems – voucher management, IVR
- expert in protocols such as SCCP, TCAP, MAP, CAP, INAP, Sinap, Sigtran, Diameter
- very good knowledge of protocols such as E-DSS1, ISUP, SIP, SMPP
- expert in protocol traces analyze – expert in handling protocol analyzers such as K12 by Tektronix,
- expert in UNIX – based operation systems (Solaris 10). Very good scripting practice (Perl, shell).
- very good knowledge of fixed and mobile (GSM) telecommunication networks,
- very good understanding and programming in: C, C++, Objective-C, Perl, PHP, Java
- very good knowledge in: Oracle Databases and SQL,
- knowledge of desktop based Operating Systems such as Mac OS X, Windows XP,
- experience in project effort estimations – acting as a technical lead in Bids issued to Oracle,
- Polish (mother tongue), English (fluent), Russian (basic).
- driving license,
- getting along with others, capability to work in a multicultural, international company,
- strong self motivation for learning of new technologies and solutions,
- very good communication skills proven during many on-site installations,
- willingness to travel much, ability to work well under pressure,
- hobbies: bicycle, digital photography, literature, electronic gadgets