Jarek (Jarosław) Hartman is a Solution Architect who joined Oracle in July 2010.
He is a member of the EMEA Architects Community within the Communications Global Business Unit (CGBU).
Jarek has more than 16 years of experience in the Telecommunication industry, with 10 years of technical management experience in the implementation of Intelligent Networking and Online Charging systems.
Over the years, he worked with a large variety of clients in different countries, and successfully delivered projects across the region. During this process Jarek acquired a full life cycle experience in overall technical project scoping, planning, requirements gathering, solution architecture design, staging, configuration, testing, performance testing, tuning, deployment, network integration, migration and go-live of software for the Telecommunication industry.
Key strengths include: analytical and troubleshooting skills; strong performance both individually as in a team; self-motivated and disciplined; open and eager to learn about new technologies, paradigms and developments and open for travel.
Jarek holds a Masters degree in Electronics and Telecommunications from the Technical University of Wroclaw, Poland (2002), and speaks Polish and English.
- 2010 – actual – Consulting Technical Manager at Oracle / Warsaw. Delivering projects related to Network Charging & Control (NCC) platform by Oracle.
- 2006 – 2010 – Senior Solution Delivery Engineer at eServGlobal / Warsaw POL – professional duties: integration of Intelligent Networks / VAS infrastructure for largest fix and mobile carriers. Expert knowledge of Charging Max / Message Max / VoMS / UIP/IVR systems by eServGlobal. Involvement project quotation process.
- 2004 – 2006 – integration of Intelligent Networks at Siemens AG (now Nokia Siemens Networks/NSN) / Wroclaw POL and Berlin DEU – Professional duties – end-to-end tests of IN infrastructure, integration of IN solutions on site, project leader for many projects (integration Intelligent Network projects such as Pre Paid Services, VPN, Mobile Number Portability, GMS-R for largest mobile carriers all over the world). Deep knowledge of @vantage IN by Siemens.
- 2001-2004 – work as an ISDN specialist at TP S.A. Wroclaw (largest fix network carrier in Poland; now part of France Telecom). Professional duties: software developing for various telecommunication purposes (such as reporting, automatisation of maintenance tasks on telecom exchanges), maintenance work with EWSD exchange by Siemens, SS7 and E-DSS1 protocol tests, administration of Distributed Monitoring System Net-7 by Tektronix. During this time I gained good knowledge about usage protocol analyzer K12xx – including scripting.
- 2005 – ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing,
- 1997-2002 – Wroclaw University of Technology – completed the Sc higher education studies in the field of Electronics and Telecommunication specialization of Fixed Telecommunication with the overall grade Very Good,
- 1993-1997 – Technical School of Electronics in Jastrzębie Zdroj.
Important Projects and Customers
- 2016 – Implementation of Oracle Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) in context of RxDOD platform at Telia Company Sweden.
- 2014-2015 – Migration of legacy prepaid services to Oracle NCC platform for O2 Czech.
- 2012-2013 – Migration of legacy prepaid services to Oracle NCC platform for Slovak Telekom. Acting as a technical leader.
- 2011-2012 – Various engagements (great and small) with Aspider – leading MVNE in the Netherlands, including an NCC upgrade project and the implementation of an additional NCC platform in the US.
- 2010-11 – Migration of legacy IN platform handling NTS services such as Prime Rate, Free Phone, Televoting (70X, 80X) to Oracle’s NCC platform. Migration delivered for Telekomunikacja Polska (part of France Telecom).
- 2009 – MVNE Charging Max platform (by eServGlobal) for Vodafone Ireland.
- 2008 – Deployment of an SCP (eServGlobal) for Diameter based Convergent Billing at Orange Poland,
- 2007 – Deployment of MVNE platform (eServGlobal) at Orange Poland,
- 2007 – Various IN implementations for XL Indonesia and Telcomsel Indonesia (eServGlobal),
- 2007 – Migration of eServ Voucher Management System (VoMS) at PTC Era Poland,
- 2006 – GSM-R IN platform (Siemens) for Ministry of Railway / China,
- 2004 – Deployment of @vantage IN platform (Siemens) at UMC Ukraine,
- 2004 – Deployment of @vantage IN platforms (Siemens) at PTC Era / Poland. (PTC Era is part of T-Mobile group). This IN platform runs well known in Poland prepaid brands Tak-Tak and Heyah.
- expert in Intelligent Network and VAS architecture
- expert in Intelligent Network services such as PPS, VPN, MNP, GSM-R, VCC, VSSP, (M)NP.
- VAS systems – voucher management, IVR
- expert in protocols such as SCCP, TCAP, MAP, CAP, INAP, Sinap, Sigtran, Diameter
- very good knowledge of protocols such as E-DSS1, ISUP, SIP, SMPP
- expert in protocol traces analyze – expert in handling protocol analyzers such as K12 by Tektronix,
- expert in UNIX – based operation systems (Solaris 10). Very good scripting practice (Perl, shell).
- very good knowledge of fixed and mobile (GSM) telecommunication networks,
- very good understanding and programming in: C, C++, Objective-C, Perl, PHP, Java
- very good knowledge in: Oracle Databases and SQL,
- knowledge of desktop based Operating Systems such as Mac OS X, Windows XP,
- experience in project effort estimations – acting as a technical lead in Bids issued to Oracle,
- Polish (mother tongue), English (fluent), Russian (basic).
- driving license,
- getting along with others, capability to work in a multicultural, international company,
- strong self motivation for learning of new technologies and solutions,
- very good communication skills proven during many on-site installations,
- willingness to travel much, ability to work well under pressure,
- hobbies: bicycle, digital photography, literature, electronic gadgets